Greetings! In addition to my writing on Pine Tree Republic, here are other (often longer) articles I’ve written that relate to systems thinking, international relations, and/or sustainable development. Please feel free to check them out and download where available, or to contact me at email@example.com for copies of articles that are behind a paywall.
Sustainable Development Articles
- “COPTEM: A Model to Investigate the Factors Driving Crude Oil Pipeline Transportation Emissions“, (2018). Research article published in Environmental Science & Technology, co-written with Margaret Zhong, Dr. Heather MacLean, and Dr. Joule Bergerson.
- “Should Alberta Upgrade Oil Sands Bitumen? An Integrated Life Cycle Framework To Evaluate Energy Systems Investment Tradeoffs“, (2013). Research article published in Energy Policy, co-written with Drs. Heather MacLean and Joule Bergerson.
- “Cost-Competitive CO2 Mitigation with Combined Heat and Power Systems in Calgary“, (2010). Research paper that was named as a “Best Student Paper Finalist” at the 2010 United States Association for Energy Economics Conference. Co-written with Geoff Holmes, Rahul Nakhasi, and Marc Beaudin.
International Relations Articles
- “Structural Realism and Transaction Costs in the U.S.-Canadian Partnership“, (2011). Book chapter in Forgotten Partnership Redux, Canada-U.S. Relations in the 21st Century, Cambria Press. Chapter co-written with Dr. Patrick James; Book edited by Greg Anderson and Christopher Sands.
Blog Posts on Other Sites
- “#NEM2017 Stories: Indigenous Perspectives and Systems Thinking“, (2017). Blog post with Engineers Without Borders Canada for National Engineering Month, exploring links between engineering, systems thinking, and indigenous worldviews.